Why Do We Put Things Off?
- We don’t like the task
- We don’t know how to do the task
- We don’t know what needs done to complete the task
- We don’t see the benefit of completing the task
How can we get over it?
- Suck it up – we all have to do things we don’t like. Set a time to do it and get it over with. If you really dread it start working on it for 10mins. After 10 mins -of work, mind you – if you don’t want to continue, stop and set another time for later. Most of the time though once you start, you get involved and keep going.
- Find someone who does not know how to do it and ask for help
- Break the task down into fairly simple steps that will lead to completion then do them one at a time
- Set yourself reward for completion – chocolate is my fave!
Share on Facebook