So you know you have a pile of homework to do, not to mention studying for the quiz that you math teacher just sprung on you. And yet you know that it is not long till the end of term, you are tired of all the schoolwork and are eagerly awaiting the day freedom comes. Yes, logically you accept that the work is just as important now as it was at the start of the year… but the sun is shining!
So how to stay focused?
The key thing here is to realize that if you go on this way your work will take twice as long as normal and you will resent it even more.
By getting really focused you can power through the work and go have some fun.
But how do you do that?
Try setting yourself some goals.
Not in the same way that you may have set them at the beginning of the year – treat these more as mini goals, goals with the sole purpose of getting you freed from schoolwork for the day.
- Take all the work you have to do and chunk it down.
- If you have studying to do, set an objective to achieve not a time.
- Set a time estimate for each chunk.
- Start with the easiest first to get you in the swing and give you a quick win.
- Time yourself as you do each piece of work – try and beat your estimate (just make sure the quality is still high enough)
- Give yourself a treat if you beat your time
Give it a try and see how it helps focus the mind!
If you are struggling to control your time and get the results you know you are capable of then it is time to take action. The Focused Time Management System TM for Students avoids all the clutter and gives you the most important things to focus on to get you back in control of your time and your life. It’s all step by step, not a big mish mash of things. So you do step one of the system, and when you’re done with that, you move on to step two, and so on. So easy! All the tips, tools, and worksheets are handed to you on a silver platter. E mail me at Julie@thegradecoach.com to arrange a time to chat over your issues and see if I can help