Whether you are lounging around soaking up the sun, working away for some much needed cash, or living it up with friends, the summer always passes too quickly.
The memories we make over the summer have to last us the rest of the year – what do you want to look back and remember? A summer filled with fun experiences or days spent sleeping because there was nothing better to do?
Think about this summer and ask yourself:
- What you want to achieve?
- What fun activities would you love to do?
- What places do you want to visit?
- What do you want to do that will allow you to totally relax?
- What would you like to do to help you grow as a person?
- What do you want to do to prepare yourself for next year?
- Who do you want to spend time with?
Now check with how this sits with your commitments to family, job or whatever. If you are involving others how does it fit with their commitments?
Plan in some dates, yes they can be flexible especially if they are weather dependent. But it gives you a rough guide to go from.
Make sure you hit the ones that really matter to you early on, so you can plan round other people if you need to.
For example, if you want to have a beach trip with your close friends before you all take off for different schools; plan early so you can find a slot that merges with everyone’s family schedule. (Don’t forget a rain date too!)
So what things are going to make it a fun summer for you?